The IT Help Desk is not open outside of regular business hours; however, users can get assistance for critical, timely situations by calling the after-hours technology emergency line. This service is designed and meant for wide-scale outages or for work that is critical to UTTC and requires timely assistance.
There are two types of problems that would be classified as an after-hours technology emergency:
- Large, wide-scale service interruptions for IT services that affect multiple people. For example, my.uttc.edu, campus email, or uttc.edu. is unavailable to all users.
- Problems that affect critical UTTC-related business. This type of problem may only affect a single individual, but the work that person is doing is critical to the institution and requires timely support.
Though all issues are important, and IT works to resolve issues as quickly and efficiently as possible, the Help Desk After Hours Emergency Line is for technology emergencies only.
Routine calls that come in after-hours will be handled the following business day. Some examples of routine calls include:
- A single individual is unable to access an IT-provided service, but the service is available to all other clients.
- A single individual is experiencing problems with his or her computer that does not involve critical UTTC-related business.
- A single individual needs a password reset; critical UTTC-related business is not affected.
- A single individual is unable to login to email or my.uttc.edu.
To Access The After Hours Emergency Line:
- Call or text (701) 955-3423
- Leave a message on the After Hours Emergency Line for the Help Desk Staff. Please be sure to leave a clear message with your name, phone number, and a detailed description of the issue.
- Once a message has been left, the Help Desk Staff will be notified that a message has been left.
UTTC Employee Help Desk Support
To Report an After-Hours Emergency:
If the UTTC website or my.uttc.edu is not available outside of regular business hours, call or text (701) 955-3423. Please be sure the system is truly down, and not just an issue with the employee’s personal device, before alerting the emergency number.
IT Help Desk Work Order:
All requests from UTTC faculty and staff are submitted using an IT work order. Employees log in to this site, complete the request and add attachments as supporting documentation. The IT Help Desk responds to work orders in the order in which they are received. As a general rule, the response time to work orders is typically within one business day, and often within 1-2 hours.
The IT department makes every effort to schedule routine maintenance outside of regular business hours to Saturdays and Sundays. Any routine maintenance that results in services being unavailable for any period of time will be posted on my.uttc.edu.